Panda Cloud Antivirus FREE 1.1
Panda Cloud Antivirus is a security service that protects your PC without affecting performance: It always offers maximum performance and only comes into action when it is necessary.
Panda Cloud Antivirus protects you while you browse, play or work and you won't even notice it. Panda Cloud Antivirus is extremely light as all the work is done in the cloud.
Panda Cloud Antivirus provides you with the fastest protection against the newest viruses thanks to its cloud-scanning from PandaLabs’ servers.
Panda Cloud Antivirus is truly install and forget. Don’t worry about updates, configuration or complicated decisions ever again.
What's New in Panda Cloud Antivirus FREE 1.1 :
• New - “Undo” Option for Recycle Bin
· Some users complained about the effect of the automated deletion of known malware. In some cases where users want these samples to not be deleted and/or in the case of false positives, there was no option to recover these files. A new option has been added with Beta2 to the Recycle Bin so users can recover deleted detections for a period of 3 days (configurable by CI). During this time period file icons will be changed to show that the file is quarantined in the Recycle Bin. NOTE: this does not apply to “disinfected” files, only to “deleted” files.
• New - Synchronous Real-Time Cloud-Scan
· Under some circumstances files being executed (directly from Internet download, from a read-only network share, etc.) were checked asynchronously against the cloud after the file was loaded into memory. This resulted in detection+disinfection actions to be taken after infection. With Beta2 we changed this behaviour to block the execution until a response has been received by Collective Intelligence. In the event that it is malware, the file will be deleted prior to allowing it to execute.
• New - Latency & Response Control of the Cloud-Scanner
· We deployed 10 sensors throughout America, Europe and Asia and have detected that 98.41% of the Collective Intelligence queries are responded to within 3 seconds. However, in the remaining cases there is not a control mechanism and if the response is not timely (because of connectivity issues, latency, proxy delays, etc.) then the program would be allowed to execute prior to receiving the response from Collective Intelligence. With the new response control mechanism, programs executing which take longer than 6 seconds to receive an answer from Collective Intelligence are put “on hold” for a second timeout period of 30 seconds after which the program is unblocked and allowed to execute (although it will continue being scanned asynchronously).
• Fixed - Slow Scans
· Right after installation Panda Cloud Antivirus launches a BackgroundScan of the entire PC to ensure it is clean. Some users reported that launching an On-Demand scan of the entire PC right after install slowed down the PC and/or caused the scan to take a long time. This bug was due to both the BackgroundScan and OnDemandScan running simultaneously. With Beta2 this is fixed by having the BackgroundScan automatically pause in case it detects an OnDemandScan being launched. Once the OnDemandScan is finished, the BackgroundScan will resumen where it left off.
• Fixed - Recycle Bin Unblock Functionality
· Under some circumstances and with certain types of malware, some users reported that unblocking a suspicious/potentially unwanted malware that was sent to the Recycle Bin, resulted in it being continuously detected over and over again. This has been fixed in Beta2.
• Other Fixes
· Correct integration with Windows Security Center.
· Crash during full PC scan.
· Disinfection bug under Vista needing a reboot.
· Continuous “reboot needed” for disinfection bug.
· PSANHost.exe service entered unstable state after cancelling a running scan.
· “Code 1 Error” during full PC scan.
· Grayware (PUP) found on network shares was not sent to Recycle Bin.
· Grayware could be deleted from folders where the user did not have write access.
· Various system crashes fixed.
· Other fixes during detection, uninstallation, and scanning.