Computer security is the most common concern and in today's world most people rely on antivirus software ( AV) . Norton , Avast , AVG are the leading companies in the world offering the best antivirus solution for computer configurations . Antivirus software is available in two formats : the free version and paid version. The free version provides limited deterrence and is valid for a limited time . Always be updated with time. The free version is not capable enough to provide sufficient protection against potential threats such as virus , spyware , trojans , rootkits, etc. If the Paid version AVs protect your PC from these malicious threats but to get the security you need to pay a considerable amount . In this article I will let you know about the alternative can be selected without spending a single penny. If you are looking for a reliable antivirus , free of cost, then you should take a look at " Microsoft Security Essential" program.
" Microsoft Security Essential" is a reliable antivirus and antimalware accumulation Microsoft program that protects your computer against harmful threats . It scans your computer daily and notify any detected problem. MSE regularly check updates on the new definition of virus and automatic updates three times a day.
Hardware requirements to install MSE on the configuration of your computer :
- First display computer monitor requires at least 800 X 600 pixels
- 200 Mb of free hard disk space and an Internet connection to download updates provided by Microsoft Security Essentials.
- The minimum requirements to install Windows XP in MSE required are: 500 MHz processor , 256 M RAM b .
- The minimum requirements to install MSE in Windows Vista / 7 are required are: 1 GHz processor and 1 G RAM b .
Features of Microsoft Security Essential :
- MSE protects your computer against all types of malware , spyware , virus, adware.
- MSE is the latest beta version available for computer configuration 32 and 64 bits.
- MSE compatible with all Windows operating systems including Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP -based computer configurations .
- MSE provides real-time protection and constantly monitors the program and files on your computer regularly .
How to install Microsoft Security Essentials on a computer configuration :
1. First you have to download all of MSE website link Microsoft http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/security-essentials-download
Two . Now trigger setup and have to click "I Agree" to approve the license agreement and confirm that you are using the original copy of Windows.
Three . Then , after the completion of the update process will start automatically and immediately updated with the latest antivirus definitions provided by Microsoft .
April . MSE periodically scans the configuration of your computer and notifies you of the problems identified by the display in the notification area at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- MSE with green background : Indicates the configuration of your computer is protected against harmful threats.
- MSE with red background : This indicates your are at risk and some malware is detected in the configuration of your computer equipment.
- MSE with Yellow Background : This indicates that the computer is not protected and you need to scan your computer configuration.
But there are some fake software appears to be original on the first look , but trap created by hackers. " Security Essentials 2010 " is the popular rogue software containing Trojan horses to carry spyware, malware and adware.
Apart form AV programs can also use the computer maintenance tools that can improve the speed and performance of your computer.