Windows Defender is software that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software by detecting and removing known spyware from your computer. Windows Defender features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected, minimizes interruptions, and helps you stay productive.
The benefits of installing Windows Defender include:
Spyware detection and removal
* Windows Defender quickly and easily finds spyware and other unwanted programs that can slow down your computer, display annoying pop-up ads, change Internet settings, or use your private information without your consent.
* Windows Defender eliminates detected spyware easily at your direction, and if you inadvertently remove programs that you actually want, it's easy to get them back.
* Windows Defender allows you to schedule your scanning and removal times when it's convenient for you, whether it's on-demand or on a schedule that you set.
Improved Internet browsing safety
* Windows Defender helps stop spyware before it infiltrates your computer. Windows Defender also offers a continuous safeguard designed to target all the ways that spyware can infiltrate your computer.
* Windows Defender works without distracting you. It runs in the background and automatically handles spyware based on preferences that you set. You can use your computer with minimal interruption.
Protection against the latest threats
* A dedicated team of Microsoft researchers continuously searches the Internet to discover new spyware and develop methods to counteract it.
* A voluntary, worldwide network of Windows Defender users helps Microsoft determine which suspicious programs to classify as spyware. Participants help discover new threats quickly and notify Microsoft analysts, so that everyone is better protected. Anyone who uses Windows Defender can join this network and help report potential spyware to Microsoft.
* To help protect your computer from the latest threats, you can choose to have updates that counteract new spyware automatically downloaded to your computer.
Windows Defender is included with all versions of Windows Vista and is available to download for genuine copies of Windows XP Service Pack 2 or later, or Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later.
Anti Spyware Anti Trojan Elite Antivirus Apps for Android Phones Antivirus Apps for Samsung Antivirus Review Antivirus Support Avast AVG Avira Antivirus BestCrypt BitDefender Boot Sector Virus BullGuard Clamwin Classroom Spy Pro Cleanup inbox and manage emails Cloud Backup Cloud Computing Security Comodo Computer Certification Courses Conficker worm Cyber Bullying cyber security Data Protection DoctoAntivirus Downloads DR Drive Genius3 eScan Antivirus Fake Antivirus Fast PC Fat Data Recovery Firewall protecion Folder Guard Professional GFI Languard Hackers HitmanPro IDS IE antivirus Installerex IT Consultants K-Secure VPN K7 Antivirus Kaspersky Linux antivirus Loaris trojan malware Manually Virus Delete mcafee MCAfee SuperDAT Microsoft Security Essential Most Danger PC Viruses Netgate spy emergency NOD32 Norman Malware Norton Online Antivirus Panda Cloud antivirus PC Care PC Doctor Pc Resources PC Technician PC Tools Antivirus PC Virus PDA Antivirus Pop-Up Removal PrivateFirewall Protector Plus Registry Clean Remove Spyware Rootkit Virus Safe Emailing Security Shardana Antivirus Rescue Disk Smartphone security Social Network Safety spyhunter Spyware SuperantiSpyware Symantec The Cleaner 2011 Top Antivirus Top Destructive Viruses Trojan Horse Trojan Killer trust port Twitter Protection USB Security Vipre Internet Security Virus Definitions Virus Scanners VueScan Pro WEB Antivirus Website Security WinASO Registry optimizer windows 7 Windows 8 Protection Windows Vista Virus Windows.8.1 WinMend System Doctor Wireless Network Protection Zemana AntiLogger